ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The Indian Journal of Socio-Legal and Contemporary Affairs (IJOSLCA) is a student run peer-reviewed law journal started by the conjoint efforts of collaboration of students across various NLUs and Central universities with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues. It focuses on an inter- disciplinary approach towards legal writing. The remit of the Review is not restricted to any particular field of law but is broad enough to include national as well as international legal and policy – related issues
CALL FOR BLOGS
The Board of Editors at IJOSLCA are pleased to announce the commencement of IJOSLCA Law blogs. The Blog invites all kinds of original and unpublished submissions, including (but not limited to) articles, research pieces, opinions, case comments and short notes on any contemporary subject matter related to all the areas of law from all academicians, authors, legal professionals and students.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
- All works must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog.
- The word limit for the manuscript is 1200 words. This word limit is exclusive of the footnotes (if any). Longer posts may be accepted and published in parts subject to the discretion of the editors. The same can be discussed with the Board of Editors by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The non-compliance to the proper footnoting method shall be subject to rejection.
- All references shall strictly be in consonance with Harvard Bluebook (20th Edition)
The title of the post should be formatted to Times New Roman font size 14, All Caps and in bold. The main body of the text should be formatted to Times New Roman font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing with a single line space between paragraphs. Submissions must be in a Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). Ensure that the title of the document has been renamed to the title of the post. To submit a post for consideration, please send it to email@example.com.
All the submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter including the names of author; email-id and contact number.
- All texts will go through a double-blind peer review. The review process consists of two tiers – preliminary review and detailed review.
- At the end of the preliminary review (“Tier 1”), the authors will be informed of the decision of the editors – either accept or reject. The decision at Tier 1 shall be communicated to the authors within 5 days.
- If a text is accepted at Tier 1, the authors will be asked to consent to enter the detailed review process (“Tier 2”) for which they must confirm that the piece won’t be published on any other blog/website while being in our peer review process. The decision along with any amendments and suggestions shall be communicated to the authors at the earliest.
- If the text has been selected for publication, the authors will be expected to perform any necessary revision in good faith. Authors are also expected to be cooperative when it comes to minor editorial changes which might be necessary even after revision at Tier 2.
- The Blog follows a comprehensive double-blind review process. The Board of Editors shall endeavour to keep the author(s) informed about the current status of their manuscript as it goes through each stage of review.
- The Board of Editors retains complete discretion over acceptance/rejection of manuscripts.
- The Board of Editors will not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines. Editorial decisions shall be based solely on review of the final manuscripts submitted by the author(s).
- Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the author(s) with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Acceptance of a manuscript for publication is contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions to the satisfaction of the Board of Editors.
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the Board, the copyright over the manuscript is vested in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication, the same shall not be published on any other platform. The Blog only accepts exclusive publications.
While submitting to the Blog, the author(s):
- Warrants that the manuscript is their original work, and that there is no impediment to its publication on the Blog.
- Consents to the publication of the submitted piece on the Blog provided that they are fully acknowledged as the author(s).
- Authorises the Board of Editors to use and store personal data provided by the author(s) for the purposes of the Blog.
- Consents to editorial changes and accepts that the editors have discretion in choice of the post title.
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org