TIK TOK APPLICATION NEEDS TO BE EFFECTIVELY REGULATED AS IT LEADS TO DEGRADATION OF CULTURE AND HAVING NEGATIVE IMPACT ON YOUTH: ORISSA HC
(By – Satyajit Pattanaik)
(Steps towards the effective regulation by the appropriate Government on the usage of the Application is the need of the hour)
Considering the continuing abuse of the so called entertaining mobile App called ‘Tik Tok’, which sometimes even leads to commission of suicide, the Hon’ble High Court of Orissa sought proper bars and regulations over the usage of the said mobile App. The Hon’ble Justice S.K Panigrahi while hearing a bail plea of the accused charged with the offence of Abetment of suicide u/s- 306 IPC, who is the wife of the deceased and the deceased had committed suicide when he came across the streaming of some videos containing some intimate moments with the co-accused recorded by the Tik Tok mobile App, observed the followings, namely;
- The said mobile app often demonstrates degrading culture, encouraging pornography, causing paedophiles and other explicit disturbing contents.
- The said mobile app is sought to be properly regulated by the appropriate govt. authority as it is having huge negative impact on the youths.
- This mobile App is even becoming the cause of accidental and tragic end of innocent lives.
- Such transmission of videos are often proved to be harassing the victims to its extreme level.
- The usage of this application has become a troubling trend and the people of both urban and rural areas are getting framed by it’s very trend as the said act is executed smartly through digital platforms and gets integrated with the social media.
- The application is causing degradation of the very Indian culture and encourages the culpable actions such as pornography and like activities.
- The general police officials are needed to be trained to enhance their skills and knowledge in order to handle such techno-legal issues and to ameliorate their skill pertaining to cyber intelligence.